Pages

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Nine to five musings

This week my dad is out of town so I have to drive my mom to work at 6:00AM. I know, it doesn’t sound like the best situation, but I’m thinking it’ll be a blessing in disguise. You see, I can go to work pretty much whenever I want, we have very flexible hours, but over the last two years I have slowly gotten into a rut where it is almost impossible for me to leave for work before 7:15. It’s ridiculous. Dan gets up at 5:40 and wakes me up at 6:15 before he leaves, at which point I drag my lazy ass into the shower. I have talked about getting up when he does many times, but that’s just it, it has been all talk. Until now! Today and yesterday I made it a point to get up just before 5:30, giving myself enough time to shower and dry my hair before I have to leave to pick up my mom, and I’ve made it to work both days before 7:00. Beautiful. I’m thinking this week will provide me with that little push I need to get out of my rut.

So we have a new food service company in my building, and this change makes me happier than Jesse Katsopolis singing with the Beach Boys on a really good hair day.

Check this out, they have a breakfast salad bar with yogurt, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and granola. Ummm… can we say yum?

And this morning I discovered that there is also a little oatmeal bar with toppings including chocolate chips, raisins, dried cranberries, brown sugar, and more of that tasty granola! Good lord, it is just amazing!

So I’m a happy girl this morning, as I sip my coffee and munch on my cup of piping hot fruity oatmeal. I could definitely get used to this.

Did I mention it only cost me a dollar?

It’s sad what gets you excited in the corporate world, isn’t it?

No comments: