Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

These days

I can’t say it enough, I am so lucky to be able to work part-time, and spend my Mondays and Fridays at home with my little boy. He is such a joy, and I am so thankful that I can spend two full days every week, just the two of us, soaking up his sweetness, relishing in his giggles, planting kisses on his squishy neck.

Today was just lovely. Gus woke up so happy and rambunctious, he’s into everything and going everywhere these days, which is truly fun to be a part of. He’s pulling himself up, going after the dog dishes with gusto, challenging me to races to electrical cords all over the house. And he is constantly laughing! It’s so funny, I’ll be in the kitchen pouring a bowl of cereal, and I hear him out in the living room playing with his toys, babbling to himself, laughing like someone just told him the best joke.


He sees poor, tortured Bella, sprawled on the floor across the room, and he is off like a jet, maniacally giggling until he’s just about there and she finally gets up and scoots out of the way. She’s learning. She doesn’t like having fistfuls of fur ripped out of her butt, but she still tolerates him. She’s a good dog.

Oh, but there are perks to having this little munchkin take over our lives, and Bella has caught on quickly to those perks as well. Now that he’s eating table foods, she’s his best friend at mealtime. So predictable. I will just say, I’m thankful that we have a dog. Without her our floors would be even more disgusting than they already are. Tonight Gus and Bella had the same dinner as Dan and I, marinara sauce with sautéed onions and green, red, and yellow peppers over cheese tortellini. It was a mess, but a hit all around.



After lunch this afternoon Gus and I went outside for about an hour and a half and enjoyed this gorgeous weather we’ve been blessed with the last few days. He watched me water the flowers from a blanket in the grass, and amazingly did not take off after the hose. I saw him think about it a number of times, but for some reason he gave me a break. ;) Afterwards we lay on the blanket under the tree in our front yard, read books, played with toys, he climbed all over me while I tried to drink a Diet Coke and look through a catalog. He charmed the elderly neighbors with his cheesy grins. A perfect day.

Today was great. I’m thankful.

7 comments:

Berbs33 said...

Enjoy every minute of being with him, there is no better bonding time! I still cherish every one of my Thursday that I get to spend just hanging out with Colton. He is such a little cutie and growing up way too fast!

Betsy said...

Ohhh I wish Isla and I had a yard so we could spend more time outside! That sounds lovely!

Lisa said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Monday!

Great picture of the chompers - and I love the onsie he's wearing. :)

Liz said...

I love your pictures! We'll have to do a few play dates this summer :)

Freckles said...

This makes me even more excited to be a mommy :)

Baby Mama said...

What an adorable little man you have... glad you're enjoying motherhood!

Angela said...

You have such a positive, happy life. Just reading about how greatful you are for life, the weather, beautiful Gus, makes me happy too. You took a lot of my stress away today. Thanks buddy