Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Moms Make It Work - Guest Post

Hi friends! Julia at My Life in Transition asked me to be a part of her Moms Make It Work Guest Blogging Series.  I feel undoubtedly unworthy, but also incredibly flattered, and I'm very happy to share my story about my life as a part-time working mom.

image

I've never really felt like I have everything together, especially since having kids.  I definitely would not consider myself one of those moms that makes it look easy.  Ha! NOPE.  Probably the opposite.  Like I just can't quite seem to get my wits about me when we're all out in public.  Despite all of my best planning, I often find myself in these situations in which I'm feeling sweaty and frazzled, and definitely awkward.  I am the chick at the zoo with grown out bangs hanging in my face, wrestling an over-flowing diaper bag while pinning down a floppy-haired argumentative toddler to secure mittens on his little paws.

But gosh darn it, I try. Not to be perfect, but to be the best "me" for my kids. Hopefully that makes me at least relatable, if nothing else.

Louie and mom

So click on over to Julia's blog and see what I have to say about how I tackle this life, raising little children while working part-time outside of the home.  And then if you're feeling all "Kumbaya, moms are awesome, we're all in this together!", you should go and read the rest of the posts in the series.  I tell you, I look forward to Julia's guest posts every week, it's really interesting to get a glimpse into the lives of all of these other women, how and why they got where they are today, and how they all make it work.  Many of them are doing things completely differently than I am, and it's seriously all good.

Kumbaya ladies.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there - I'm visiting from Julia's blog. I left a comment over there, and I've just added you to my feedly! :)

Julia Goolia said...

lol at the visual of you at the zoo. Classic!!

Kumbaya, indeed;)

Whitney said...

I feel like you were watching me at the zoo and writing about it up there! :) And I loved reading your post on Julia's blog. I am in the situation right now where I really want to start working part time, which is kind of unheard of here in the midst of tax season as a CPA. You are helping give me some courage! And seriously, you hit the nail on the head with the cleaning lady...when you don't have to clean toilets, everything just seems better!

Erin said...

Oh yay! I'm so happy you wrote a post for that series. I found it through Erin (it's all happening) and I think it is so great - and so are you. :) I'm going to read yours tonight when the kids are unconscious....