Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Boring randomness

So I decided I couldn’t ignore this site any longer. It’s been nagging at me, calling me lazy, and making me feel bad for the past few weeks, but until now, I’ve been able to ignore it. However, I’ve started to miss it, and I need to write about something, anything, so that I can get back into the groove. Prepare for boring randomness.

Our puppy is doing wonderfully, she’s “this” close to being potty trained, but still has the occasional stinky accident. She’s of course had to throw at us new dog owners everything there is to learn in just the few short months we’ve had her. Lice? Why, of course she has it! And worms? Yup, give her these pills and make sure she doesn’t eat her poop and re-infect herself (gross). The poor thing, she’s a trooper though, and has taken her medicine like the good little girl she is (well, it might have helped that we covered it in strawberry jelly). Also I’ve been able to take her on a few walks, and I think she’s finally getting used to being on a leash; we’re having such beautiful weather, it would be a shame not to take advantage of it. I’m so happy that springtime is here, although with it comes the fear of the inevitable… bathing suit season. Blech. My white pasty skin and winter-fed tummy are not quite ready for that hell.

I noticed recently that in the two pictures I have on my desk of my husband and me, he is wearing the exact same thing. Same grey polo, same Twins hat, even the jeans are the same. That’s hilarious, I can’t believe I never noticed that before. I am obviously incredibly vain, because when I picked out these pictures to display to all of my co-workers, I looked solely at my outfit, my hair, and how thin I looked. What a thoughtful wife I am.

I went out this weekend and had a total of THREE whole drinks, and yes, I was intoxicated. That is so sad, I can’t believe what a lightweight I’ve become. I think that’s what happens when you get married. Well I guess I could look at it as a good thing, saves me money on drinks if I can just nurse a couple all night long and still maintain a good buzz. But it still makes me a little sad, sorta signals the end of an era, (you know, like when Rachel moves out of Monica’s apartment, TOTALLY the end of an era). I’m no longer a crazy college party girl anymore. =(

It’s so close to the weekend I can taste it. This week has not been a great one, I am so exhausted all the time, I haven’t worked out at all, and I have no energy to do anything. I don’t know what’s wrong with me, but I really need to step it up. I’m feeling sort of lonely here at work these days, because my co-worker friend Chris moved to the other building, about 5 miles away, and he was like my only link to lunches out and gossiping by the water cooler (we don’t actually have a water cooler, but you know what I mean). So now I get forgotten about here in my sad little cube, away from the rest of the finance group (because our building is set up crappy and there’s no room for me over there). I don’t get invited to go out to lunch, I don’t even get told when someone brings in doughnuts or bagels! It sucks. Well, I’ll stop feeling sorry for myself and get some work done. I probably won’t write again tomorrow, unless the O.C. is so incredibly amazing that I have to talk about it! So have a great weekend, and I’ll try to be back next Monday with something interesting to say.

No comments: