Pages

Friday, April 29, 2005

You put the lime in the coke, you nut...

... and drink it all up. I love that commercial so much, I actually turn up the tv when it comes on. Dan, on the other hand, hates it. And let me tell you, singing it over and over and over again, hours after I last saw the commercial, does not a happy husband make. So... it’s been a while, I know, but there hasn’t been all that much going on since the last time I wrote. So you will hence be treated to some more of my ramblings on this glorious Friday.

Our belly dancing class is almost over, and I’ve gotten way more into it because we’re learning an actual choreographed routine! While I haven’t actually gotten into it enough to practice on my own time (I’m such a lazy bum), I have so much fun when we’re there. My two friends and I still participate in frequent snark sessions where we discuss and try to understand how some of these girls/women became the obnoxious and fashion felony-prone individuals they are today. Betsy and I have decided to take level I over again, so that we can fine-tune our skills, and when it comes time for level II, we will hopefully feel completely comfortable and confident with our belly dancing abilities! I can’t help but admit, however, that there is another advantage to taking level I again. While we could very likely just be welcoming a whole new batch of really obnoxious ladies coming from the “intro” class, we will at least be free of the ones we have had to deal with for the past 8 weeks or so. Because yes, these ladies all think they’re the shit, and they undoubtedly will be moving on without us to the next level. Best wishes loud-mall-bangs lady and hip scarf-that-looks-like-a-diaper girl. I wish you much luck in all your future endevours camel-toe-in-the-front-row.

I’m so mean, but I seriously just cannot help it. Did I ever tell you about when this one girl asked my friend Liz and I on the way out of class one night what school we went to and what grade we were in? I was so flustered, I think I spit out something like, “Uh... actually we’re grown-ups. She’s a TEACHER at the junior high and I um, work, …like at an office.” Too funny. In case you’re wondering she was a senior in high school.

So as the summer is rapidly approaching, (and my trip to Florida for the bachelorette party is NEXT WEEKEND!!!), I’ve been thinking about my tanning options. This coincides with my annual visit to the doctor this past Monday, at which she pointed out the numerous “abnormal” moles on my back and berated me for even thinking about hitting the tanning booth. So I’m really torn. I have no problem with the idea of self-tanners and mystic tanning booths, but I am deathly afraid of them. What if it streaks? What if it gets all over my clothes? If I go the mystic tan route, am I going to be orange and smelly the rest of the day? I also read on a website that they suggest refraining from exercising because sweating can cause streaking and the tan wearing off quicker. Well that seems just utterly ridiculous, the whole point of being tan for me is that I look slimmer, but I will definitely not look slimmer if I stop working out! I don’t know, I’m totally ignorant about the subject, and a little too afraid to even try it. Oh, and that’s another thing, so I go do the mystic tan, and the next day go to work, how do I deal with the obvious fact that I instantly developed the skin tone of a polonesian sun goddess over night? I cannot think of something more humiliating than being questioned about it by the men I work with. (Well, that’s obviously not really true, because there are a whole lot of humiliating things that could happen, but I’m trying to get my point across here.)

I guess I better be off, I should try and get some work done, but considering the fact that it’s almost Friday afternoon, that isn’t likely. I just want to go home soooooo bad! Alright, enough whining. Have a fabulous weekend!

No comments: