Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Really?.... Yoga?

So last night I bought two yoga mats, a pinkish red one for me, and a blue one for D. And we did yoga together. Ok, that makes me laugh. Are we really the kind of people that do yoga? I've been wanting to try it for a while now, and my recent lack of motivation for anything that resembles the eliptical trainers and tread-mills that I normally frequent at our local gym gave me that final push. (It didn't help that I have convinced myself over the past week or so that my belly is protruding excessively, and it needs to be stopped.) At first I felt awkward, because I just don't feel like I'm cool enough to do yoga... it seems way to trendy, way to "hollywood". However, after doing the 35 minute instructional portion of the video, and then the 20 minute session, I have decided that I do like yoga!!

We'll just have to wait and see if this will end up like the yoga incident of my college sophmore year with my roommate Betsy. We bought a tape during one of our boredom-induced visits to target and popped it into that ole' VCR as soon as we got home. While our two other roommates sat on the couch behind us, amused by the whole situation, we struggled to follow allong with the crazy poses that crazy woman on the TV did. That was the first and last time I did yoga (well... until now!). It was just too much of a hassle, we actually had to remove the majority of the furniture from our tiny living room to the kitchen so we had room to do the poses properly. Yoga should not be that much work!

So anyways, I'll have to do my very best to use my new yoga DVD and mat more than once. Wish me luck. I have to give props though to D., my sweet husband who I can't believe agreed to try it out with me. What a good sport. And I know he would have much rather been laying on the couch watching the Red Sox/Yankees game than perfecting the "Downward-Facing Dog" pose on his very own blue yoga mat. I'm a lucky girl. ;)




No comments: