Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2004

The women in my life...

Tonight I'm going to Liz's house for a homemade dinner, lots of wine, and numerous episodes of Sex and the City. I'm so excited to see the girls, it just feels like it's been ages since we've all been together! I really wish I would have cherished my time with them in college when all of us were living under the same roof. There was always someone to watch TLC shows with, there was always someone to ditch classes with, and there was always someone to help you pick out a "knock 'em dead" outfit for the bars. I could never really run out of tampons, because there was always a stock of about 10 boxes throughout the apartment (usually none of them were mine, hence the reason why now I seem to run into the same problem repeatedly month-after-month). And there was always someone in the room right next door willing to drop whatever they're doing just to talk, whether it was about the guys in our lives, someone's disastrous hair coloring incident, or our Halloween costume plans involving Ninja Turtles and Splinter (and subsequently Angela being wrapped in brown carpet). Really, talking is what we did best, and it almost always involved laughing.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about my present living situation, not at all. I love living with D., I love decorating our darling home, I love that he sometimes has a dinner of Hamburger Helper ready for me when I get home from work, and I love going to bed with him every night. But it's strange to think about my girls, and how our relationships with each other have had to morph into completely different ones. I guess it's just inevitable, goes back to that whole "growing up" thing. I just hope and pray that no matter what changes come into our lives, that we don't forget, and we don't lose the sense of comfort we had with each other. Even though now we have to try a little harder to see each other, and it might not be as often as we would like, I really hope we continue to be there for each other, and we don't' lose the laughter and the familiarity.

I'm so blessed to have spent my 4 years in college with such amazing friends, and I'm so happy that each one of them stood up for me on my wedding day 5 months ago. I love these women, I just miss them, which I guess is pretty obvious.

No comments: