Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2005

First, an introduction...

I'd like to introduce you to the newest member of our family, Bella, the most darling little sheltie puppy you will ever meet!



Just to clarify, this is the picture the breeder sent to us last week when we were contemplating bringing her home. I don't want you to think that I specifically got out my very best velvet purple blanket, put it over a big kennel, and placed my dog on top of it like a little trophy. I'm sure I'm over-explaining this, but I just think it's a weird picture. I have since taken many of my own pictures of the adorable Bella, most of them without a purple velvet blanket. Hopefully I'll be able to share those with you at a later date.

I've spent a good portion of my day here at work thinking about how badly I want to go shopping. The knowledge of all the spring lines being out at my favorite stores and thoughts of the inevitable purchase of a pair of the season's "must-have" sandal wedges have consumed me all day long. I so very badly want to buy something that makes me feel pretty! Arden B has the cutest stuff right now, and it was a bad bad idea for me to check out their website. I think I need
this shirt, and this one,...yup, and this one, oh and definitely this one. Hmmm... oh, I am in love with these skirts. Oh sorry, here's one more top, I promise I'll stop now.

So I just booked the flights out to Florida for my friend and old roommate Kate's bachelorette party! I'm so excited for a girl's weekend, I could scream. I miss getting all dolled up and going out with my girls, it's been too too long. And now that we're all scattered all over the city, (and one of us in Florida!) even if we do go out, we're all meeting out at the bar, dragging our husbands/boyfriends along, and missing out on those very important 2 hours before hand of dancing around to Pink's "Like a Pill", trying on countless outfits, scavenging each other's closets for boob shirts and good bras to go with them, and of course pre-bar drinking and pushing countless shots of "Betsy's Specials" on each other. So I'm going to make it my mission that we do all that same stuff when we're in Florida, all staying together at the bride-to-be's house. Too bad there's no Winona Sandwich Company down there, because that would just bring everything together.

Well, I'm off work tomorrow, so it's a nice long weekend. I'm going to have to try to bond with the puppy, because so far she loves Dan far more than she loves me. How did he do that?! I wonder if he's sneaking her goldfish crackers or something, after he specifically told me I was not allowed to feed her them. Hmmm...

No comments: