Pages

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Not very perky today

I listen to a local talk radio station at my desk at work for most of the day (FM 107.1) and I can’t tell you how many “holiday-themed” commercials I am already hearing. And it really pisses me off. Seriously, I LOVE Christmas season! I am a tried and true sap when it comes to that time of the year, I love watching all the old-time movies on TV and listening to the non-stop holiday music on the radio, I love the blankets of snow on the roofs of the 70-year old Tudor houses in my neighborhood, I love the sparkling twinkle lights and red and gold bows all over the Twin Cities, I love baking cookies and putting them in Santa tins, I love making lists and shopping for gifts, (I don’t even mind the frantic malls filled to their brims with shoppers)… I seriously love everything about the holiday season. But it is November 8th, and it is just WAY TOO EARLY. Am I wrong? Isn’t this the reason why people are so exhausted and sick of it all by the time December 25th is finally here? By then, we’ve been fricken living it for two fricken months! Argh, it’s all those greedy big corporations’ fault, they’re ruining it for the rest of us. I’m becoming jaded and I hate that. I’m crabby now.

Speaking of things that make me crabby, did I tell y’all that I broke my camera on Halloween? I was so pissed, somehow I knocked it clear off the kitchen counter during the party. Yeah, I was a little bit drunken… but not “break-stuff-drunken”, I could have sworn I was more like “everything-is-hilarious-drunken”. But I suppose I did find out recently that I made plans for a game-night on November 11th with some friends, and I have no recollection of having that conversation at all, so I guess I was more “nonsense-talking-fuzzy-memory-camera-breaking-drunken”. Anyway, Best Buy sent the camera back to Canon, and since I’ve had it for less than a year, I’m praying they’ll either send me a new one or give me my money back. I’m sure that’s just wishful thinking, and they’ll somehow figure out that I did indeed drop it, a detail I specifically left out when Dan and I were talking to the Geek Squad guys. Whatevs. (Bets, that’s indeed a shout out.)

Wow, I am indeed a crabby biyatch.

No comments: