Pages

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Weekend Posting

Last night Lisa and I watched Sabrina (the Audrey Hepburn one not the Harrison Ford one) and honestly, it was not the best Audrey Hepburn movie I’ve seen. Don’t get me wrong, Audrey is ridiculously gorgeous, and the clothes (my god the clothes!) are absolutely to-die-for, especially all the divinely elegant coats she wears. But the rest of it, well I just didn’t find it very exciting. The plot goes to crap when she starts hanging out with Linus, because, frankly, he with the pants up to his boobs and the 5-foot-nothing stature, sucks. Humphrey Bogart in Sabrina has got to be the least charming and least sexy leading man I’ve ever seen on film, (possibly even worse than Matthew McConaughey in Failure to Launch, and that says a lot). My God, where is Cary Grant when you need him?

After that, we figured we should buckle down and watch the episode of Gilmore Girls I had recorded on Tuesday, even though we were dreading it like it was a chore. Oh my God did it suck, I am so sad at the state of that show these days. The whole Chris and Lorelei proposal/elopement thing, it was just so horrible and cringe-inducing, very difficult to watch. We were like 12-year girls during the scene when he was proposing, shrieking, “ewe, so gross!” I’ve been sort of content with their dating, I wouldn’t say I was enjoying it but it was actually kind of sweet, and they’re pretty good with the back-and-forth banter stuff, but all the teary-eyed confessions of love and the post-coital gushing, just plain gross. I can’t take it.

It’s been a nice weekend so far; I ran this morning, and then Dan and I went out for coffee and pastries (gotta balance out the exercise with high-calorie foods, right?), then we did some more Christmas shopping. We are doing so awesome this year, we’ve got about half of our list checked off and it’s not even Thanksgiving! Crap I’m boring, huh? Now we’re just chilling at home, drinking more coffee and awaiting Lisa and Angela’s arrival so we can order pizza. Then it’s off to Liz’s birthday party, which I’ve been looking forward to all week!

I believe this is the first time I have ever posted from home, which is kind of sad, but it’s a milestone of some sort, so it must be stated.

No comments: