Pages

Friday, November 14, 2008

Home

I'm sitting here on the couch, perusing blogs, uploading pictures to facebook, digesting the homemade macaroni and cheese Dan just made, and I'm thinking to myself, a Friday night spent in my cozy home doing nearly nothing is exactly what I've been needing. I have a really hard time saying "no" to plans with family and friends, always have, which means we're barely ever able to have nights like this on our own on the weekend.

I can't believe its winter already. Seriously, how did that happen? I hate how dark it is at 5:00 PM, it really does a number on my productivity and energy.

So happy hour last night was really fun, I will be forever grateful that we ended up in a graduate program with such amazing and fun people, and I want to make sure we keep up these relationships that somehow formed over two years of group projects and commiserating over shared elevated levels of stress. For all the talk about networking in an MBA program, I think we've been lucky to have made relationships that go beyond that. It's also nice to have more people to drink and gossip with. ;-)

I'm going to go put some socks on, because my feet are freezing in this drafty old house of ours. One of the many joys of owning a house built in 1936. (I complain, but of course I love it.) I love that we have no plans until tomorrow evening, so I can look forward to a lazy morning of VH1 music videos, a pot of coffee, and some more melodramatic vampire love. Oooh, and we have bacon in the freezer, I think we'll have to break that out tomorrow. I can't even describe how much I fricken love bacon, there's a reason why I don't usually buy it.

My god this was random.

1 comment:

Berbs33 said...

I love that you are posting again. And Friday nights just hanging out at home... I think that means you are ready for a little one. That is all we ever do in our household and I wouldn't give it up for anything. Acutally that is all I will be doing today as well... just playing toys and watching movies... maybe even baking some cookies to take the chill out of the air in the house! Enjoy your relaxing afternoon and talk to you soon.