Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Friday

I'm so ready for the weekend. Thankfully I have tomorrow off, so my weekend is about 20 minutes away from beginning, but, my goodness, this week felt long. Dan was on travel for work again, so its been a bit dull, even though I've kept pretty busy with evening meetings and dinners with family. It's crazy how much easier it is to appreciate something when you have to go without it. It's like we're in this little bubble of a life together, and I take for granted that I get to come home to this wonderful man who's my best friend, roommate, "co-parent" to our dog, and partner in all things. I take for granted that he's always there every night to listen to me complain about work, to make dinner together, to watch The Daily Show while we eat at the coffee table like twenty-two year-olds. I don't know, I just like being with him, which I guess is kind of awesome. But also sorta... well duh!

Crap, I gotta go, we're meeting up with some people from our MBA courses for happy hour downtown, and I was supposed to leave 10 minutes ago. I am so chronically late it's not funny, which I can safely say is one of those things Dan doesn't appreciate about me.

Anyway, happy weekend!

1 comment:

Berbs33 said...

You are so cute - it almost makes me sick! I think it is awesome that way you are Dan are like 2 twenty-two year old... so in love! Cute Cute Cute, and I totally agree you don't realize how much you enjoy being around someone until they aren't there! Hope you have a great Friday off- I am very jealous!