Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Back from the dead

I know it's been so long since I've written here that many of my readers may not even be checking back for updates, but I figured I should still try to get back into the blogging thing after my 2 week sabbatical.

There are many factors that contributed to my severe lack of motivation for blogging over the last few weeks, listed here for your reading pleasure:
  1. Work has been crazy busy. This is definitely the number one reason for my absence. Between deadlines and training and year end commitments, I haven't even had time to read all my favorite blogs, let alone write on my own!
  2. I have no desire to even be in the same room as a computer when I come home from work at the end of the day, especially during weeks like the last few. Argh.
  3. My best friend Lisa was visiting from Costa Rica, and up until last Wednesday, when she left us again, my evenings were pretty much filled with getting in as much "Lisa-time" as possible.
  4. I was away all of this last weekend at my friend's cabin lounging around reading Cosmo, Glamour, and People, catching up on the Brad & Jen split (so so so sad), and chowing down on Doritos and popcorn until I thought I was going to be sick, while my male counterpart tried not to kill himself messing around on 4-wheelers and snowmobiles in the -25 degree weather.
  5. My life has just not been very exciting lately and I can't seem to find anything to write about! Does any one want to hear about my husband's and my guest bedroom mattress purchase? I didn't think so.

But February looks like it'll be a better month, so stay tuned for more exciting updates! Some friends and I are taking an Intro to Belly Dancing class, and I'm definitely looking forward to that, and Dan and I (he made fun of me for trying to keep him anonymous, because seriously, what is the point?) are going to Vegas for a few days at the beginning of February because he has work training there. (I can't wait to spend the whole day at the spa while he's working!)

So anyways, thanks for sticking around, it's always trying to come up with that first entry after a long absence that stresses me out and just prolongs my return! I was that way with diaries and journals too when I was younger, and I guess I'm the same way with working out. I get in a rut and I get stressed out just thinking about starting back up again. Stupid I know. But I promise I'm back.

Now I'm off to catch up on all my favorite blogs, specifically Dana, Sharoni, Laura, Pink Stiletto, Kristin, and Rebecca!


No comments: