Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Well-rested and confident

Yes, I know, it's been another week. I'm a slacker. Moving on.

Last night, for the first time, I slept in the most comfortable cozy yummy bed EVER, and it's MINE! I'm so excited. Dan and I finally bought a new mattress/box-spring set, since for the past year we've been sleeping on an old set we got from his parents that is probably 20+ years old, and leaves you feeling like you've slept on cement all night. This new bed is amazing, pillow top on both sides, amazingly soft, super high (the kind of bed you have to jump up to get on), just absolutely perfect. I was in heaven.

So this last weekend I went out drinking for the first time in forever, and I had such a good time. It was so nice to be out with the girls again, and I drank just the right amount so that I was in a perfect stated of buzzed drunkenness at the end of the night. I hadn't consumed hard alcohol since Halloween, so I was a little hesitant, but the Appletinis and Cranberry Vodkas were calling my name. Thankfully I can say there were no vomiting incidents or unintentional ass-exposures. (Not a good idea to drink to the point of passing out when you're wearing a short skirt, or in my case, flapper costume. I've been told by a couple people that they saw way more of me that fateful night than they would have liked.)

Anyways, the only sort of ridiculous thing I did (besides talking mile-a-minute nonsense to two very sober husbands in the car on the way home) involved the cement steps coming up from my garage, my impaired vision and uneven balance, 3:00AM induced exhaustion, and one very black and blue knee. I suppose it did provide a little comic relief for my husband who stayed out much later than he had expected to, obviously not taking into account the presence of my very good friend Betsy, the most hard-core bar-closer I have ever met! I think he was just relieved I didn't make him hit up the open-all-night grease-fest with Betsy and her boyfriend!

I had a serious case of "the Mondays" at the beginning of the week, so serious that I took a half-day for no reason whatsoever. I'll be honest with you, I was wearing a really thick wool sweater which was not only making me so hot I thought I was going to pass out, but it was itching the hell out of my arms and neck. By 10:30 I just couldn't take it anymore. I felt fat, I felt crappy, I felt sweaty, and I felt itchy. All I could think about was escaping to the outdoors, and out of my stifling cube! So it turned out to be a very nice day, because I went out to lunch with my mom, brother, and husband, and hit up the mall with one of my favorite shopping partners, my brother. (He has this way about him where I never ever feel rushed, it's wonderful!)

I'm feeling much better today though, and I think it's directly related to the fact that my hair looks good (for the first day this week it's not up in a wet messy bun) and I'm wearing an incredibly cute outfit (just-below-the-knee black skirt, knee-high black stiletto boots, and a white button-up under a black and pink argyle sweater vest)! The fact that having a good day is directly related to my outfit and hairstyle may seem ridiculous to some, but I think there are a lot of women out there that can relate. I just feel so much more confident and ready to tackle anything when I'm feeling good about how I'm presented, and today... I'm feeling good!

No comments: