Pages

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Make a Wish! (I wish it wasn't so cold outside.)

It's so cold these days it makes me want to curl up into the fetal position in my warm bed and cry. Last night D. and I went out to run a bunch of errands, and I immediately got in a bad mood when I felt the freezing wind swipe away at my already devastatingly dry face. Two days ago I ran out of moisturizer, and I've been slathering chapstick on my lips like it's going out of style. This. Sucks. I was reminiscing about summer and fall the other day and I got super depressed. And it's only January! Which means I need to snap back into reality because this isn't going away for at least a few months. Grrr...

Today I got a stupid-ass chain letter forward from my sister-in-law and it seriously made me so angry, almost to the point of coming up with some sort of violent retaliation scheme. I mean COME ON WOMAN! Who sends out those forwards any more (besides my obviously dumb-ass sister-in-law)? I just don't expect them anymore because I thought that everyone with any sort of common sense, except maybe the occasional middle-schooler or college freshman with too much time on their hands, realized how irritating they are to the recipient. So when some tricky devil like the above mentioned family member sends me one with, mind you, nothing in the subject line to warn me of the ridiculousness that I am about to be bombarded with, I get very irritated. This email had the audacity to claim that how quickly my wish will be granted depends entirely on how many people I forward it to. For my convenience, there was even a nice little chart:

I hope you made your wish! Now then, if you send to:
1 person --- your wish will be granted in 1 year

3 people --- 6 months
5 people --- 3 months
6 people --- 1 month
7 people --- 2 weeks
8 people --- 1 week
9 people --- 5 days
10 people --- 3 days
12 people --- 2 days
15 people --- 1 day
20 people --- 3 hours


And just a few hours later, another pleasant surprised popped up in my inbox! One of the girls that sister-in-law had originally sent the forward to decided that I might have ANOTHER wish I need granted, so she sent it to me again! Yeah! (I'm raging inside just thinking about it.) She chose to also send it to 4 other lucky souls, so according to the chart, she will have her wildest dreams come true in just 3 months. I'm so happy for her.

Anyways, so I definitely didn't intend this post to be a rant about idiotic forwards and the people who send them. I apologize. I feel, though, that I am spent on the subject, so you can be sure that there won't be many more entries like this one.



No comments: