Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2005

I have no point, really

I’ve had the weirdest day today.

First off, I rear-ended someone this morning on my way into work. And it was totally my fault. I was so being that girl that puts her make-up on in the car during her commute and obviously should not be doing so. The upside was that the people who I hit (while going a whole 3 miles per hour) were literally the nicest people I have ever met. It was a husband and a wife, and when I started to get a little teary and shaky, the wife actually gave me a little hug and told me it was going to be ok, and that this sort of thing happens all the time. There was no damage to their car at all, and my car just has a few scuffs and a bent license plate, so they just went on their merry way and told me to have a good day! No exchange of information, no nothing. Definitely the best accident I’ve ever been in.

When I got to work this morning I had to check in at the front desk, because yesterday, inexplicably, I lost my badge sometime between 7:30 AM when I used it to get into the building, and 8:15 AM when I wanted to go to the drinking fountain, which is on the other side of a door that I cannot get through without my badge. I retraced my steps, over and over again, searched every inch of my desk, even crawled around under it for a while, but the little bugger was no where to be found. I still cannot get over how weird it is that I lost it, in the building, in a matter of 45 minutes (during which I was basically sitting at my desk reading blogs). Anyway, that’s not the point of all this. Because of my lost badge, I had to use a temporary one until they could make me a new one, and I had to get this temporary badge from security at the front desk this morning. Well these two security guys were helping me out, and I got this bizarre feeling that one of them was slyly flirting with me! I wasn’t quite sure though at the time, because it’s been a while and I’m a little off my game. So just about an hour ago I got a call from one of the guys to let me know my badge was ready, and I headed on down there. My suspicions were confirmed when Mr. McFlirty started asking me strange questions about what door I usually use to come into the building, making the point that he hadn’t seen me around, and basically inferring that he would have remembered me if he had seen me before. We chatted for a bit while the other guy got my stuff in order, and then he asked, “What school did you go to?” I told him, and his reply was, “Oh… I knew I should have gone there.” Yup, he actually said that. In just one really ridiculous statement, his flirting went from sly to blatant. I was pretty amused, but had no idea what to say, so I was extremely relieved when the other guy gave me my badge and I was able to get the hell out of there. It’s funny, but I seriously have no idea how to handle that kind of stuff anymore, it has been so long since anyone other than my husband has shown any interest in me.

Oh and for the record, Mr. McFlirty was actually totally hot, not to brag or anything. Screw it, it’s my blog, I can brag if I want. A hot guy thought I was a hot girl. In the words of Ms. Paris “I’m like an American princess” Hilton, “That’s hot.”

I also realized something today that has been plaguing my mind. I don’t usually get coffee from Starbucks because it’s so damn expensive, but sometimes I like to treat myself to a yum vanilla latte, especially on days when I get into car accidents on the way into work. Well anyways, I recently started getting the Grande size instead of my usual Tall, because the Tall just seems so damn small these days, (for those of you who are not familiar with Starbucks Terminology, Tall=Small, Grande=Medium, and Venti=Large), and since then, it seems like my drinks have started to taste like complete ass. Or in other words, they have been way too strong. Well, as I was waiting in line today I had an epiphany. I am such a blonde. It clearly states on the board, and I have always been well aware of the fact, that there is one shot of espresso in Tall lattes, and there are two shots in the Grande and Venti lattes. So duh, a Grande latte is going to be much stronger compared to its smaller or larger counterparts just based on the fact that its ratio of espresso to steamed milk is considerably larger. It’s all a matter of proportion, and you’d think that since I’m a financial analyst, I would be able to figure out something that uses the basic concept of fractions.

In case you’re wondering, this morning I switched it up and ordered a Venti, which I really do not like saying. Ordering a “Venti Nonfat Vanilla Latte” just sounds really weird.

Oh and I have exciting news, I ordered our plane tickets for Costa Rica today! I am so excited; we’re leaving on my birthday, July 29th. I couldn’t ask for a more perfect birthday present: heading out on a tropical vacation with the cutest man in the world AND I will be able to spend the day (and consecutive week!) with one of my very best friends who I have not seen since January!

No comments: