Pages

Monday, September 12, 2005

"Look's like someone has a case of the Mondays!"

I arrived at work this morning at 7:30, and after opening up my office door, turning on the lights, and booting up my computer, I immediately headed down to the cafeteria to get some much needed coffee. On the way there I ran into a coworker from another department, and I flashed a very perky smile and greeted him with a very peppy “Good Morning!” To which he replied, “Looks like someone is in need of some coffee this morning.”

It probably shouldn’t have pissed me off as much as it did, but to me, that is exactly like saying, “You look like complete shit this morning.” I just found it incredibly rude.

What makes it worse is that I was feeling very cute and attractive today! I put together a very nice outfit this morning that included my new sexy black pointy-toed pumps, and I let my hair be curly and for once it didn’t morph into a ridiculous frizzy afro by the time I got to work. Now I just feel like a tired-looking, homely, bags-under-her-eyes frump.

God, that’s really sad that a mindless comment can affect me in such a negative way, not to mention the fact that I’m sure he was just trying to make pleasant conversation early on a Monday morning.

I still think it was really rude though, and it has set a bad tone for what will surely be a sucky Monday.

No comments: