Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Because that's what you do

When your friend sends you a somewhat desperate text at 3:00 in the afternoon on a Friday, NEEDING a break from her children or at least some adult interaction, you find a way to make it happen.

Tonight I snuck out of the house after putting Louie to sleep, stopping at the liquor store on the way for a couple bottles of wine.

Lisa brought cookies that she baked, very impressive.

While my friend's babies slept upstairs, we opened the bottle of red and we talked and talked and talked, put on a movie for background noise, talked some more.

And that's all it really takes right?

We made it happen.  Because that's what you do, and I'm so lucky to have these girlfriends in my life, not just the two I saw tonight, but the whole crew.


Anytime ladies.  I'll be there.  And I will always stop for wine.

3 comments:

Freckles said...

Awwwww, girl! Thank you SO MUCH! It was so great to have you and Lisa over. I sooooo needed that break, and am sure I will need hundreds more. Text/call me anytime you need me to return the favor. Aaron owes me lots of kid-watching, so I'll be over as soon as he gets from work (lol, we know how that goes).
Lots of love :)

val said...

I absolutely love this blogging every day thing, even though I'm not personally participating, I'm enjoying that YOU are, lol.

Sam realized I was running her bathwater and hid in the basement tonight. Ei-yi-yi. We got her upstairs almost by use of a crane, and sandwich meat, which she refused to eat until AFTER the bath.

The dog is smelling like a tulip now.

love you so, Val

Berbs33 said...

Best girls anyone could ask for! Even after months of not seeing each other sometimes we can pick up right where we left off. Not sure how I would get through life without this group of girls!