Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Reason # 67,364 why I love our nanny

Besides the fact that some days the boys are still sleeping when I leave for work (which makes for much more serene mornings for mama),

and that there has been a noticeable change (for the better) in Gus's behavior due to having more consistency and routine in his life,

and that we are forced to make sure our house is reasonably clean and tidy every single night which actually gives me so much peace in the mornings,

and that she organized our out-of-control sippy cup stash situation (!!!),

and that three days a week I don't have to unload the dishwasher (oh I DREAD that task) because she does it for us,

and that in hindsight the whole potty training process went so smoothly thanks in part to her,

and that Gus's independent play skills have improved by leaps and bounds since she started two months ago,

and of course the fact that the kids both really seem to love her.

BESIDES ALL THAT...

Our nanny is freaking awesome because



she does adorable holiday crafts with the kids!

I am sooooo not an arts and crafts kind of person, as much as I would like to be, but I simply cannot resist the whimsy and nostalgia that is a good homemade children's holiday craft project.

Oh for freaking cute.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

What a great post. You've clearly won the nanny jackpot. So so glad this has all worked out.

Erin said...

This is amazing. Can you tell me how you found your nanny and ... hmmm ... maybe even how much you pay per day? (like over email - but if you'd rather not, that's ok!)

I would love to go this route eventually, especially once we have baby #3.

Julia Goolia said...

ERIN!!! Stop it, you will not leave Lori's. I will email her separately about this Ali, sorry to highjack the comments! ;)

But yes. I was also going to say that I would LOVE it if our sitter/daycare did this stuff with my kids. So cute!

AliRose said...

Ha Julia! At first I thought it was MN Erin commenting about having three kids and I was all... "What what what?!?! Erin wants 3 kids?! Since when?!"

And I say this not knowing her IRL at all, that is how weird and ridiculous and awesome this whole blogging thing is sometimes, right?

;)

Erin said...

LOL at this comment thread :)

No, I do NOT!! want 3 kids (especially after THIS day) BUT I am soo jealous of your nanny situation lately because hot damn, getting Annie to daycare, and then OUT of daycare is a SERIOUS NIGHTMARE lately.

Super cute crafts by the way!